Calvert County 4-H Livestock Auction
Thanks to all of our previous buyers and we hope to see you back here year.
4-H members should refer to the Calvert County Fair Book for entries and information.
Additional information can be found on the Calvert County University of Maryland Extension website.
Stop by the Calvert County Fairgrounds 4-H Livestock Barn for an evening of fun and excitement.
Buy a market goat, lamb, hog (pork) or steer (beef) for the freshest, highest quality meat available.
- If you are looking for food for your freezer, there will be custom processing options available. Information about the processing and procedures are available at the buyer registration table the night of the sale.
Buy with family or friends to split the cost of an animal.
Add to your own livestock collection on your farm.
- Select a female animal from the auction to use as a starter breeding project.
Donate the animal back to the Calvert County 4-H Livestock Auction Committee where the proceeds go to support our community, our 4-H program, and our youth pursuing higher education.
- Animals that are donated back are taken to Sudlersville Meat Locker for processing and then donated to local food pantries to help needy Calvert County residents.
- Monies donated are used to fund the annual 4-H Livestock Auction Committee scholarship offered through the Calvert County Local Scholarship Application (SOCAN) program
4-H volunteers and members do all of the work. All you have to do is bid on an animal. A delicious dinner is provided for the buyers after the auction.
For more information contact
- Gail Hatfield at 410-535-0026